Monday, October 28, 2019

Resource Blog #5

CROSS CONTENT

In my middle school, the school had a widespread subscription to Scholastic. It was something I barely knew about and hardly knew how it changed my time in middle school. I spoke to one of my old middle school teachers the last time I visited home about the resources that have stood the test of time. Scholastic was her first answer. She said the biggest improvement she saw when using the different worksheets, lesson plans, and articles provided through scholastic, she saw an increase in literacy comprehension. She also stated that with these resources students were less likely to give up on an article or concept. This resource is something I believe all teachers, if possible, should have access to.

Teachables Scholastic
WC 122

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Synthesis Blog

After this class, it almost seems like common sense to teach literacy in every classroom. If you have to read to teach the material, how do...